Re: crypto-ISSUE-25 (Global Unique ID): How do we provision Global Unique ID for pre-provisionned symetric keys [Web Cryptography API]

To Harry's comment below, what I understand was out of scope with respect to identity was consideration of actual, "non-opaque" identity schemes, since this was recognized as something of a can or worms. What is required for identification of pre-shared symmetric keys, however, can be completely opaque.

There is no need for the API to place any requirements on or have any knowledge of the structure of this identifier or to process it in any way other than to expose it to the application.

This is an important distinction which I thought was clear at the time. Again, this has been a central part of our use-case from the start.

…Mark