Re: crypto-ISSUE-26 (multi-origin access): Should key generation be allowed to specify multi-origin shared access [Web Cryptography API]

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 2:32 PM, Seetharama Rao Durbha
<S.Durbha@cablelabs.com> wrote:
> Ryan
> I understand that the current spec is limited to origin-bound key set. I was
> just extrapolating wrt this issue (26). You are right, I think we need to
> spend good time munching this issue. However, I also think that this could
> be a powerful feature (again – like cookie domain/path).
>
> Thanks,
> Seetharama

Just to make sure we're on the same page: cookie domain/path is not
related to the SOP and is a different security model. It is still
constrained by SOP.

We're talking about breaking SOP. That's a big discussion.