Re: Use Case 3.1 and Identifying a Server?

On 2013-03-12 03:22, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 9:04 AM, Anders Rundgren
> <anders.rundgren@telia.com> wrote:
>> On 2013-03-11 13:09, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I was looking at use cases [0] and the past thread "Exposing TLS &
>>> Certificate Information in Javascript" [1]. I have a couple questions
>>> about use case '3.1. Banking Transactions':

>>> (1) how did Park Jae-sang acquire the banking application?
>>
>> By surfing to the GB on-line bank, Park gets the banking application
>> directly in his/her browser without any installation process.
> Thanks Anders.
>
> Is there a use case covering side loaded and application store loaded
> apps for mobile? A use case might help identify opportunities.

I believe the group is primarily targeting web applications.

The security/trust model for installed applications (regardless
if they are written in JS or something else) is quite different
since the domain-concept is not applicable to applications fetched
from an app store.

> There's a good case for including a mobile device. I believe mobile is
> shipping more units than desktops (if I recall, the cross over occured
> in 2011 or 2012). If I am to believe the projections, mobile will
> dominate traffic, which means many web applications will be delivered
> in a trusted channel. The trusted channel means there's a
> pre-exiaiting relationship to leverage.

I agree that mobile devices are more important than PCs.  Another factor
is that PC-platforms develop very slowly making it difficult introducing
new technology in a reasonable pace.

Anders