Re: [Draft] Response to Last Call comment

Lofton Henderson wrote:
> All --
>
> As I read Mohamed's reply:
>
> 1.) he is satisfied with our schema reply -- we are in agreement that a
> schema definition belongs on WebCGM's future-deliverables wish list.
> Does anyone object to that?  (We could not add a formal deliverable
> without modifying the Charter, which I don't think we intend to do.  I
> say "wish list", because we can't commit to delivery until we know that
> the resources are available.  In other words, it is a SHOULD-level
> requirement.)

Yes this schema issue seems to be resolved.

> 2.) he would like an informative mention of the CSS/WebCGM question.  I
> see a couple possibilities:
>
> 2a)  modify/split and add a sentence to 3rd paragraph of 2.7.2 (all of
> which is informative),
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-webcgm21-20090604/WebCGM21-Concepts.html#webcgm_2_5
> or
> 2b)  Add a sentence "Informative note:  ..." as a new second paragraph
> to 5.4:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-webcgm21-20090604/WebCGM21-DOM.html#L2666
>
> A non-normative reference to the WebCGM/CSS paper would be added to 1.3,
> and linked from the new sentence(s).  The sentence(s) would be along the
> lines of, "Note.  Potential relationships between WebCGM and CSS were
> @@studied in some detail@@ prior to the addition of DOM-accessible and
> XCF-accessible Style Properties and APS Attributes to WebCGM 2.0.
> Ultimately, a lean and minimal WebCGM-specific model, that borrowed
> heavily from applicable CSS concepts (e.g., inheritance), was chosen."
> [@@...@@ would link to the new informative reference in Ch.1.]
>
> My Assessment:  This doesn't really add anything useful to the WebCGM
> 2.1 spec.  But on the other hand, it is little work and does no apparent
> harm, and satisfies a comment (therefore is probably a better solution
> than saying "no" to #2).  (Who knows, someone might find the
> Cruikshank-Henderson reference to be fascinating reading!)
>
> Thoughts?  Suggestions?

I agree that we should add this wording (I am fine with either solution)
We should discuss it at the F2F2. It is not much work, nor much value
but it would satisfy the commenter and therefore close this second
issue. This is the easiest solution, saying "no" could involve more
argumentation ... and loose time before going to CR.

Thierry.