Re: [Draft] Response to Last Call comment

All --

As I read Mohamed's reply:

1.) he is satisfied with our schema reply -- we are in agreement that a
schema definition belongs on WebCGM's future-deliverables wish list.  Does
anyone object to that?  (We could not add a formal deliverable without
modifying the Charter, which I don't think we intend to do.  I say "wish
list", because we can't commit to delivery until we know that the resources
are available.  In other words, it is a SHOULD-level requirement.)

2.) he would like an informative mention of the CSS/WebCGM question.  I see
a couple possibilities:

2a)  modify/split and add a sentence to 3rd paragraph of 2.7.2 (all of
which is informative),
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-webcgm21-20090604/WebCGM21-Concepts.html#webcgm_2_5
or
2b)  Add a sentence "Informative note:  ..." as a new second paragraph to 5.4:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-webcgm21-20090604/WebCGM21-DOM.html#L2666

A non-normative reference to the WebCGM/CSS paper would be added to 1.3,
and linked from the new sentence(s).  The sentence(s) would be along the
lines of, "Note.  Potential relationships between WebCGM and CSS were
@@studied in some detail@@ prior to the addition of DOM-accessible and
XCF-accessible Style Properties and APS Attributes to WebCGM
2.0.  Ultimately, a lean and minimal WebCGM-specific model, that borrowed
heavily from applicable CSS concepts (e.g., inheritance), was
chosen."   [@@...@@ would link to the new informative reference in Ch.1.]

My Assessment:  This doesn't really add anything useful to the WebCGM 2.1
spec.  But on the other hand, it is little work and does no apparent harm,
and satisfies a comment (therefore is probably a better solution than
saying "no" to #2).  (Who knows, someone might find the
Cruikshank-Henderson reference to be fascinating reading!)

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Regards,
-Lofton.