Re: WebCGM charter renewal

Thierry,

Just a couple more questions for Process clarification, please...

At 05:48 PM 1/2/2008 +0100, Thierry Michel wrote:
>Lofton Henderson wrote:
>>[...]
>>>Then in accordance with the W3C Process Document:
>>>
>>>- section 6.2.3 Advisory Committee Review of a Working Group or Interest
>>>Group Charter
>>>http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/groups.html#CharterReview
>>How long is this review?  I don't see any duration mentioned in those
>>Process sections.
>
>The review period MUST be at least four weeks.
>http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/activities.html#ActivityCreation

Yes, I saw that.  I guess I was confused by the requirements for "Activity
Creation" on the one hand, and renewal of the WebCGM Charter on the
other.  But I understand now ... the combined SVG stuff and WebCGM stuff
makes for a substantive modification of the Graphics Activity.

>Then the Director decides about the Activity Creation/ Charter renewal

So ... the Graphics Activity review required by 5.2 and the WebCGM Charter
review of 6.2.3 are actually the same?  Or they are at least concurrent?

>The Advisory Committee SHOULD NOT expect an announcement sooner than two
>weeks after the end of the review.
>http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/acreview.html#ACReviewAfter
>

>>>- section  6.2.4 Call for Participation in a Working Group or Interest Group
>>>of the W3C Process Document.
>>>http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/groups.html#cfp
>>I'm guessing that we should change the estimated start date for the
>>re-chartered WG in the draft Charter -- 15 January doesn't seem likely now.
>
>Yes we have been delayed. Now the W3C process asks for an advance notice
>to the ACs.
>15 January doesn't seem likely  for starting the group. 15 February seems
>more likely.

Should we change that in the draft charter (that you just posted...)?