Re: Fwd: [Draft] Pre announcement for WebCGM 2.1 to a First Public and Last Call Working Draft.

At 09:19 AM 8/29/2008 +0200, Thierry Michel wrote:

>Lofton Henderson wrote:
>>Hi Thierry,
>>Embedded below please see questions / suggested changes from me for
>>pre-announcement.  I think I should send this Friday morning, since the
>>Chairs have already seen the publication request.
>>-Lofton.
>>
>>>_____________________________________________________________________
>>>

>>>Dear chairs and colleagues,
>>>
>>>The WebCGM WG plans to publish WebCGM 2.1 to a First Public and Last
>>>Call Working Draft.
>>>
>>>A publication request will be sent shortly (we're targeting September
>>>15th 2008).
>>s/will be sent shortly/has been sent/
>>
>>>We plan on having a 2 months review period, ending on November 15th
>>>2008. Does any WG request more time than that?
>>s/a 2 month/an almost 2 month/
>>
>>>WebCGM has dependencies with the following working groups, as mentioned
>>>in its charter:
>>>http://www.w3.org/2007/10/webcgm-charter.html
>>>
>>>*Internationalization Core Working Group
>>>* Synchronized Multimedia Working Group
>>>* Scalable Vector Graphics Working Group
>>See questions in my earlier mail.  (That SVG and SMIL in the Charter
>>specifically were about "animation", and in Requirements declarative
>>animation was a MAY requirement, and it has now been dropped from 2.1.)
>
>Right I know that the charter mentions dependencies for SVG and SMIL for
>animation and that its been dropped from 2.1.
>

>This is why I had dropped the wording from the charter "The Working Group
>coordinates with this group on animation issues."
>

>Therefore I see two possibilities:
>-  we only list the 3 WGs (as above) without specifically mention of
>dependency about animation.
>- We say something like: The animation features have been dropped from
>WebCGM 2.1. therefore dependencies with SVG and SMIL about animation
>are  meaningless. We still encourage these WGS to review the document ...
>(I sure you will have a better wording ;-)

I think I favor the latter approach.  We list the dependent groups ("...in
the Charter.") We add after the listing something like:  "Note that the
Charter identifies the principal dependency with SVG and SMIL as concerning
(declarative) animation, which is effectively a MAY in the
requirements.  It is now dropped from the scope of 2.1.  The WebCGM WG of
course still welcomes input from all groups."

What do you think?  (Comments anyone?)