Re: Fwd: [Draft] Pre announcement for WebCGM 2.1 to a First Public and Last Call Working Draft.

Lofton Henderson wrote:

> Hi Thierry,
>
> Embedded below please see questions / suggested changes from me for
> pre-announcement.  I think I should send this Friday morning, since the
> Chairs have already seen the publication request.
>
> -Lofton.

>> Dear chairs and colleagues,
>>
>> The WebCGM WG plans to publish WebCGM 2.1 to a First Public and Last
>> Call Working Draft.
>>
>> A publication request will be sent shortly (we're targeting September
>> 15th 2008).
>
> s/will be sent shortly/has been sent/
>

>> We plan on having a 2 months review period, ending on November 15th
>> 2008. Does any WG request more time than that?
>
> s/a 2 month/an almost 2 month/
>

>> WebCGM has dependencies with the following working groups, as
>> mentioned in its charter:
>> http://www.w3.org/2007/10/webcgm-charter.html
>>
>> *Internationalization Core Working Group
>> * Synchronized Multimedia Working Group
>> * Scalable Vector Graphics Working Group
>
> See questions in my earlier mail.  (That SVG and SMIL in the Charter
> specifically were about "animation", and in Requirements declarative
> animation was a MAY requirement, and it has now been dropped from 2.1.)

Right I know that the charter mentions dependencies for SVG and SMIL for
animation and that its been dropped from 2.1.

This is why I had dropped the wording from the charter "The Working
Group coordinates with this group on animation issues."

Therefore I see two possibilities:
-  we only list the 3 WGs (as above) without specifically mention of
dependency about animation.
- We say something like: The animation features have been dropped from
WebCGM 2.1. therefore dependencies with SVG and SMIL about animation are
  meaningless. We still encourage these WGS to review the document ...
(I sure you will have a better wording ;-)