Re: Approuving WebCGM 2.0 Transition to REC

At 09:40 AM 1/17/2007 +0100, Thierry Michel wrote:

>Lofton Henderson wrote:
>>At 07:44 PM 1/16/2007 +0100, Thierry Michel wrote:
>>>Lofton,
>>>
>>>I am organizing the request for WebCGM 2.0 Transition to REC.
>>>
>>>During our next telecon on thursday, we must record the decision to
>>>request the Transition to REC:
>>>
>>>Therefore could you ask the WebCGM Group
>>>"Are we ready to go to REC with this document" ?
>>>http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/Group/2006/REC-webcgm20-20070115/
>>Yes, we can make a resolution in the next telecon.  As I recall, that is
>>to be Thursday, day after tomorrow.  It is possible that it will be
>>uploaded by then, but not certain.
>>If necessary, can we enumerate the 2-3 changes yet to to be incorporated
>>and make a "provisional" resolution?  Or must all of it be done and
>>frozen by Thursday AM?
>
>It would certainly be better to have the document finalized by our next
>telecon. People could agree on it.

If all details of the text is not finished by the end of today, what would
you suggest then:

1.)  either postpone the telecon till 1/25?

2.) or, approve what is done, conditional upon the application of any
further needed changes (like the URI of the OS spec, which is still not
available.)?

>Also I need to send an URI of the REC document for the transition Request
>Call [1] (here again a finalized document would be appreciated.
>
>[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/08/transition?docstatus=rec-tr

I had not realized that a transition telecon with the Director was required.