Re: WebCGM 2.0 REC cover page

Lofton Henderson wrote:

> At 01:23 PM 1/5/2007 +0100, Thierry Michel wrote:
>

>>> Hi Lofton,
>>> Although it is not strictly required that we sync up the publication
>>> and the press release, it is strongly preferred. I have a record
>>> of Thierry Michel indicating (on 17 Nov) that the WG agreed to
>>> do the publication of the Recommendation at the same time as the
>>> press release (in January 2007). Our current plan, based on other
>>> work at W3C, is to issue the Recommendation and press release on 30
>>> January.
>>> I do not believe we are prepared to issue the Recommendation that
>>> quickly. We should aim for 30 January 2007.
>>> I hope that helps,
>>>  _ Ian
>>

>> Ian,
>>

>> We had previously targeted publication for Jan 15th 2007.
>
> Thierry is right.  However ... once again ... the date itself is
> critical information to the ASD/S1000D constituents (and other
> coordinating groups).  Therefore, we (Dave and I) decided not to fight
> the extra 2-week delay.
>
> What is most important now is to tell ASD/S1000D the date, and stick
> with it.  (The exact date is not as critical, as long as it's in January
> -- correct me if I'm wrong about that, Dave.)
>
>> I am not opposed to your new publication date proposal for 30 January
>> 2007, but I will be away at a SYMM WG meeting at that time and will
>> not be available for it.
>
> Could we arrange to have another staff member cover your role, in your
> absence?  (Actually, I expect all documents to be verified and
> everything to be ready by mid-January, so it should be simple.)
> -Lofton.

Lofton,
I had originally planned to have everything done and published mid
January before the SYMM F2F.
I still can work on the WebCGM REC before leaving for the SYMM F2F, jan
26th.
When do you expect to have the REC version ready ?
Then I will do the necessary to have it ready and will make the
publication request to publish on Jan 30th.

Thierry.