From: Adam Langley <agl@google.com>
Sent: mercredi 30 novembre 2022 16:21
To: John Bradley <jbradley@yubico.com>
Cc: Felix Magedanz via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>; public-webauthn@w3.org
Subject: Re: [webauthn] Managing FIDO keys (#1612)

On Wed, Nov 30, 2022 at 7:15 AM John Bradley <jbradley@yubico.com<mailto:jbradley@yubico.com>> wrote:
The passkey branding in Chrome is probably currently just normal windows bellow credentials.   So don’t get over excited.

Indeed, these are just normal credentials. Chrome is currently calling them passkeys in some places with specific qualifications in the UI mentioning that they don't sync.

On the other hand I have been trying to get access to that API for years without success so I am glad Chrome has it.

I do not believe that there's anything Chrome specific: https://github.com/microsoft/webauthn/blob/master/webauthn.h#L960

Cheers

AGL