Re: [webauthn] Platform authentication registration promotion when the user has authenticated with the external authenticator (#1759)

From: Adam Langley via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 13:46:07 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
> Just promote the user whenever the user has authenticated with the roaming authenticator?

This, within reason, I believe. (Personal opinion.)

[Conditional UI](https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/1576) support should make using local credentials easy for a user. Even in the case of a traditional assertion UI, sites should expect that platforms will prominently offer local credentials(*). If the user signed in using another authenticator, it's probably because they don't have a local credential.

(*) Not necessarily true _yet_.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by agl
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1759#issuecomment-1170001640 using your GitHub account