Re: [webauthn] Clarify how a user can authenticate from multiple devices (#151)

From: Marco Martins via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 10:02:05 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
> @daniel-nagy you might want to take a look at how WebAuthn will [evolve into passkeys](https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2022/10092/) until the end of the year. Especially on Apple and Android devices your use case should be pretty much covered. I suggest you base your regular login on passkeys, and only fall back to text messages on older devices or in case a user loses their passkey device **and** switches the platform, e.g. from iOS to Android.

Passkeys fall under the relax of point 3 that @emlun mentioned as they will be synced via iCloud, right?
Not sure if this scenario is covered: if I compromise someone's iCloud account and sign in on a new iOS device, wouldn't my faceID unlock passkeys?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mamartins
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/151#issuecomment-1167149064 using your GitHub account