Re: [webauthn] Explicitly restrict NONE aaguid to none attestation only (#1588)

From: Emil Lundberg via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 14:11:05 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
Right, I thought I remembered something about the [`fido-u2f` attestation statement format](https://www.w3.org/TR/2021/PR-webauthn-2-20210225/#sctn-fido-u2f-attestation) also using zero AAGUID but couldn't find it in the spec. We should probably elaborate in the signing procedure that this particular format usually involves the client rearranging the raw U2F response into the WebAuthn attestation object format. A U2F authenticator doesn't return a zero AAGUID, rather the client inserts that as part of constructing the _attested credential data_ structure.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/1588#issuecomment-806824406 using your GitHub account