RE: Draft Charter

I have tried to map the issues to the charter items below, there may be others that map. Thanks for the comments. I did not want to define the issues too deep as that might take us down a path that may exclude things or a specific implementation, I’m fine to add more detail if the WG wants this. As far as secret keys are concerned this may be useful in a recovery situation or in a transaction confirmation case

API Features in scope are:

(1) Requesting generation of multiple asymmetric key pair within a specific scope (e.g., an origin) with crypto agility and crypto parameter selection; Support for authenticators providing more than one key · Issue #1546 ·  <https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1546>  PublicKeyCredentialParameters can't select curve (E.g. ed448) · Issue #1446 · w3c/webauthn (github.com) <https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1446>

(2) Proving that the browser has possession of a specific private key, where the proof can only be done within the scope of the key pair. In other words, authentication should obey the same origin policy;

(3) Remote desktop (lights out operations) ability;  Support for remote desktops · Issue #1577 · w3c/webauthn (github.com) <https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1577>  Add recovery extension by emlun · Pull Request #1425 · w3c/webauthn (github.com) <https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/1425>

(4) Ability to allow a non- modal UI; Add support for non-modal UI · Issue #1545 · w3c/webauthn (github.com) <https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1545>

(5) Binding of ambient credentials;

(6) Re-authentication from the discretion of the replying party;  Adding info about HSTS for the RPID to client Data. · Issue #1554 · w3c/webauthn (github.com) <https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1554>

(7) Dynamic Linking of authentication credentials.          double check whether the Secure Payment Confirmation effort has implications on the WebAuthn spec · Issue #1492 · w3c/webauthn (github.com) <https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1492>