Re: [webauthn] <new proposal> Extending WebAuthn Protocol for Remote Authentication (#1580)

From: John Bradley via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 22:27:03 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
I agree that this sounds more like a CTAP extension, however, as @emlun states, Fido has a policy that requires biometric template storage and matching on the device.   I understand this is intended for remote identity proofing.

I suspect that this probably needs to be a separate API even if there are some similarities with WebAuthn.

John B.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by ve7jtb
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1580#issuecomment-803472477 using your GitHub account