Re: [webauthn] FIDO Payment Support (#1570)

From: Anders Rundgren via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 15:52:07 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
Yes @rsolomakhin,  the mentioned organizations _may_ have had discussions but the results of these have not been made public.

You probably do not agree, but I consider the combination of
- FIDO
- PaymentRequest
- Browser-resident payment handler

as W3C's _last_ (and certainly the _best_) chance moving the payment industry forward.  That is, the stakes are **sky-high!**

Although I'm just a WPWG mailing-list subscriber, I get the impression (by reading between the minutes) that everything else is pretty much on hold making SPC a likely "default".

--
GitHub Notification of comment by cyberphone
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1570#issuecomment-799529963 using your GitHub account