Re: [webauthn] Support `discoverableCredential` field in the API. (#1565)

From: Darien Maillet Valentine via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2021 15:23:01 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
> It's my sense that adding this would make things more - not less - complicated. We should close this on that basis.

I had to learn this and have repeatedly found myself double checking my understanding of these options. It’s already hard to feel confident about much here as a learner, so issues like this really keep you at sea. I had to leave multiple comments explaining naming quirks (this isn’t the only one, e.g. "name" and "displayName" are both display strings) to give other folks reading the code I just wrote a fighting chance at understanding it. I don’t understand this conclusion.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bathos
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1565#issuecomment-872337634 using your GitHub account