Re: [webauthn] add additional attestation format(s) from Apple (#1453)

From: mpeng-okta via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2020 23:57:37 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
Quick question @equalsJeffH: I see that this has been added to the [WebAuthn Level 2 editor draft](https://w3c.github.io/webauthn/#sctn-apple-anonymous-attestation). Are there any plans on adding the attestation format  the existing WebAuthn Level 1 spec as well, and if not, does this mean an implementation of the Level 1 spec should ignore the `apple` attestation format?

I also see that it hasn't been registered yet [on IANA's page for attestation format identifiers](https://www.iana.org/assignments/webauthn/webauthn.xhtml). Would this have any implications for RP developers, or would it be fine to begin building support for this attestation format -- i.e. we could consider the IANA registration just a procedural step/formality?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mpeng-okta
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1453#issuecomment-722713067 using your GitHub account