Re: [webauthn] WebAuthn and Web Payments -- Transaction Confirmation, 3DS2, SRC, etc. (#1396)

From: Anders Rundgren via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 12:48:43 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
> > There is no such thing as "Your PISP" because you are usually not supposed to have a relation with PISPs.
>
> I think you are misunderstanding the use case here. In this context the PISP does have a relationship with the user and provides them with a wallet (e.g. Google Pay) but the wallet initiates payments from a custodial account at a bank or other account provider.

I'm not misunderstanding the use case, I only consider it _highly unlikely_.   pre-PSD2 solutions like Card-on-File (CoF) wallets or "secure payment pages" were logical but this one is not because there is no added value anywhere, only added complexity.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by cyberphone
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1396#issuecomment-654213738 using your GitHub account