Re: webauthn post on NANOG

> But we don't want to discourage,
oh say, Epicurious to implement webauthn to get to my super-secret recipe
box
because they don't think people will buy id dongles.

I think the point is being missed here. The presence of hardware in
webauthn/fido is not because we think it’s necessarily better than
software. It’s because it’s removable and can travel with you to new
devices. That’s much harder to do with on-device software solutions without
resorting to some sort of syncing, which in many cases relegates your 2fa
solution to 1fa again.

Feel free to send this on to the OP.

/christiaan