FW: Additional COSE algorithms used by W3C Web Authentication (WebAuthn)

FYI - the work to register the additional COSE algorithms that we use has moved to the newly rechartered IETF COSE working group.

                                                                -- Mike

From: Mike Jones
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2019 3:03 PM
To: 'cose@ietf.org' <cose@ietf.org>
Cc: 'Matthew Miller' <linuxwolf+ietf@outer-planes.net>
Subject: Additional COSE algorithms used by W3C Web Authentication (WebAuthn)

The new COSE working group charter<https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/cose/charter/> includes this deliverable:

4. Define the algorithms needed for W3C Web Authentication<https://www.w3.org/TR/2019/REC-webauthn-1-20190304/> for COSE using draft-jones-webauthn-cose-algorithms<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jones-webauthn-cose-algorithms> and draft-jones-webauthn-secp256k1<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jones-webauthn-secp256k1> as a starting point (Informational).

I have written draft-jones-cose-additional-algorithms, which combines these starting points into a single draft, which registers these algorithms in the IANA COSE registries<https://www.iana.org/assignments/cose/cose.xhtml>.  When not already registered, this draft also registers these algorithms for use with JOSE in the IANA JOSE registries<https://www.iana.org/assignments/jose/jose.xhtml>.  I believe that this draft is ready for working group adoption to satisfy this deliverable.

The specification is available at:

  *   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jones-cose-additional-algorithms-00

An HTML-formatted version is also available at:

  *   http://self-issued.info/docs/draft-jones-cose-additional-algorithms-00.html

                                                                -- Mike

P.S.  This notice as also posted at http://self-issued.info/?p=1957 and as @selfissued<https://twitter.com/selfissued>.