[webauthn] Error: registration failed: packed attestation: self attestation not implemented (#1169)

From: Travis Walters via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2019 16:08:22 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
traviswltrs has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/webauthn:

== Error: registration failed: packed attestation: self attestation not implemented ==
Today I tried to use the Webauthn.org site to register an account using the latest version of chrome from my 2016 macbook pro (first one with the touchbar).  I chose the option to use my fingerprint sensor.  The touchbar gave me a status message to use the fingerprint sensor but when I do, Chrome pops up a messaage asking for permission to share my usb security key make and type with webauthn.  Regardless of whether or not I permit this the registration fails with the message in the subject line of this post.

Just wanted to pass along the information.
![screen shot 2019-03-07 at 11 01 27 am](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/280943/53970716-4e6ed000-40c9-11e9-8b2a-0e9881fc70c6.png)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1169 using your GitHub account