[webauthn] add explanatory note to step 3 in authenticatorMakeCredential Operation (#1133)

From: =JeffH via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 02:23:34 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
equalsJeffH has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/webauthn:

== add explanatory note to step 3 in authenticatorMakeCredential Operation ==
I just thought I'd found a bug in http://w3c.github.io/webauthn/#op-make-cred because on initial read it seems that even though  there's a match for an excluded cred, the user is asked for verification and the authnr is supposed to go ahead and create a cred. However, upon searching issues, and reading further in that step to discern that errors are returned in any case, this is all being done for privacy-preserving reasons (see issue #806 )

if we have cycles we ought to put a Note: in that step wrt what's going on...

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1133 using your GitHub account