Re: [webauthn] How do I use a smart phone as an authenticator when the web application is running on a laptop/desktop? (#954)

From: Emil Lundberg via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 10:30:44 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
Not quite - unless I'm mistaken, those two work by sending a push notification to the mobile device directly from a server. I think Krypton works by routing the challenge as [RP server -> Browser -> Browser plugin -> Krypton server -> Krypton app], and the response back the same way, and I think Google Prompt is a communication between just the server and mobile device that doesn't involve the browser at all.

By contrast, what's being discussed here is to have the browser communicate directly with the mobile device via Bluetooth or USB, and not by bouncing over the internet.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/954#issuecomment-453959709 using your GitHub account