[webauthn] WebAuthn API for Browser (like Chrome) extension (#1158)

From: Ki-Eun Shin via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 01:28:41 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
Kieun has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/webauthn:

== WebAuthn API for Browser (like Chrome) extension ==
Currently, there is no way to use WebAuthn APIs directly within the browser extension (e.g., Chrome extension).
In case of Chrome extension, although the WebAuthn APIs are exposed to the application, the API calls always fail (**NotAllowedError**) since the calling app's origin scheme is not _https_.
We are providing almost similar authentication user experience both for the web and and browser extension cases.
It'd better to discuss how we leverage WebAuthn API for the browser extension.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1158 using your GitHub account