Re: [webauthn] Unspecified CBOR encoding of high-valued integer numbers due to unspecified threshold (#1044)

From: Adam Langley via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2019 18:50:57 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
(From the call of 2019-02-06:)

It's also possible for a floating-point value in Javascript to happen to be an integer. Thus the type of the translated CBOR will depend on the values of the input, which seems like it would break things.

However, since we don't have any implementations of the generic transform of extensions that I'm aware of, we would change things in level two with breaking any existing systems.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by agl
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1044#issuecomment-461141422 using your GitHub account