W3C WebAuthn Recommendation schedule

From: Anthony Nadalin <tonynad@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 22:30:05 +0000
To: W3C Web Authn WG <public-webauthn@w3.org>, John Fontana <jfontana@yubico.com>
Framing for tomorrows schedule discussion:

There are several top priority items that we would like to get done, some of these have a dependency on CTAP 2.x, some may require changes to authenticators. Given the fact that WebAuthn Level 1 and CTAP 2.0 were just released this year, would it be a good idea to release a new version quickly like 12/2019- 3/2020 or wait until the market has deployed Level 1 and CTAP 2.0. Need input from browser vendors and authenticator vendors and anyone else that has an opinion.

Some of the items between WebAuthn and CTAP I hear are important are:

  1.  Credential Management
  2.  Biometric Enrollment
  3.  Cred Protect
  4.  UV Token