Re: [webauthn] What is FIDO client????

From: Emil Lundberg via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2018 13:14:47 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
Hi,

UAF is unrelated to WebAuthn, and not part of FIDO2. How communication between client and authenticator works is out of scope for WebAuthn, which specifies only the JavaScript API - you may be looking for [FIDO CTAP][ctap] instead. As an app developer, you should not need to care about how the client finds and connects to authenticators.

In WebAuthn the client and the browser is the same thing. We're aware that there is some duplicate terminology in the spec; we're tracking that in #358.

Does that answer your questions?

[ctap]: https://fidoalliance.org/specs/fido-v2.0-id-20180227/fido-client-to-authenticator-protocol-v2.0-id-20180227.html

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/928#issuecomment-393876719 using your GitHub account