Re: Qualcomm position- Extensions

Out of curiosity, Giri, how does the W3C deal with interoperability
issues if:

  * Extensions are optional (even if they are normative text); and
  * The W3C Directorate issues a waiver on the specification without any
    confirmation/validation of interoperability of the optional extensions?

Is there some other process the W3C uses to confirm that there are
interoperable implementations of extensions long after the waiver has
been granted and the specification has been published? Is this just
carried over to a new version of the specification? Something else?

Thanks.

--

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/kzP27HpzWiG_tv9tbccrvO3hR-gKs5gos7Xx-L7doe1hv8jTi_o3Ca0bFz4addIV9Ocadcmw0ScPNYDFfzGjFCRJd5SxQRMynMWvXxPuAeWjqZOpr5QgL5s6MqP9_whohw
<https://strongkey.com/>