Re: IMPORTANT READ - Extensions

On 12/4/18 2:58 PM, J.C. Jones wrote:
> If we mark all of the extensions as non-normative, it /seems/ like they
> should move into some other document(s) of extensions then, as Mike
> Jones advocated many moons ago.
>
> Isn't that the normal way these things work? That seems like more work
> or delay than waiting for the FIDO/W3C talks to finish up.

I don't think that is necessary.  It is a familiar and comfortable path
(perhaps because of things I've seen in the IETF), but I am equally
comfortable having them remain in the common doc, and I think that is an
option the director has left for us.

As has been pointed out, splitting the doc could add delay.  Given that,
I'd rather leave the doc intact.