[webauthn] Enable web developers to migrate keys from one domain to another

From: Angelo Liao via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 00:17:07 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
AngeloKai has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/webauthn:

== Enable web developers to migrate keys from one domain to another ==
In the password world, a website can migrate their user credentials (passwords) from one domain to another simply by changing configs on the server. Now with the passwordless world, keys are locked in with a domain. If a site chose to migrate their domain for reasons such as acquisition, they may risk losing all of their user accounts. Currently I don't know of a good way to do this. I would imagine this must be a tightly controlled process so that we don't the break the web.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/458 using your GitHub account