Re: [webauthn] Remove QuotaExceededError from spec

From: Jeffrey Yasskin via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 23:55:50 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
@leshi, I thought `QuotaExceededError` solved (or improved) one problem you pointed out with requiring resident keys: it lets the RP tell the user that their key storage is full. It's true that [it's not as precise as one might want](https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/429#discussion_r114042267), but we can solve that by proposing a more precise error name into [WebIDL](https://github.com/heycam/webidl/pulls).

https://w3c.github.io/mediacapture-main/getusermedia.html#overconstrainederror-object has another, more complex, precedent.

Or do you actually think that we should leave this vague for now (as this PR does), and come up with a more solid solution with more time to think?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jyasskin
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/449#issuecomment-299340500 using your GitHub account