Re: Focus for 04/05/2016 W3C WebAuthentication WG Meeting

From: Hodges, Jeff <jeff.hodges@paypal.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 21:06:28 +0000
To: "public-webauthn@w3.org" <public-webauthn@w3.org>
thanks Tony.

On 3/31/17, 6:08 AM, "Anthony Nadalin" <tonynad@microsoft.com> wrote:

> I would like to have us focus on identifying and discussing issues that we
> feel need to be closed for an implementation draft, I have created a new label
> called ‚Äúpriority:implementation‚ÄĚ

this will list all issues assigned the [priority:implementation] label:

  https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/labels/priority%3Aimplementation

> please use this label to identify any current WD-05 or CR milestone tagged
> issues that you feel would be mandatory to resolve for a implementation draft
> that developers could snap to.

milestone: WD-05 issues
https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/milestone/9

milestone: CR issues
https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/milestone/3

> So please take some time between now and next Wednesday (04/05/2016) to try to
> label all relevant issues that need to be resolved for an implementation
> draft.

process suggestion: if someone labels an issue with [priority:implementation] that you feel should not be so labeled, do not remove that label from the issue. Rather, enter a comment on the issue why you feel that that issue does not qualify for inclusion.

Then we can discuss on the call(s).

Tony and I chatted about this at IETF this week and he indicated that he would like to treat WD-05 as an "implementation draft" since there's at least one major impl release train leaving the proverbial station in just a few months.

HTH,

=JeffH