Re: Please review PR #386

From: Hodges, Jeff <jeff.hodges@paypal.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 15:21:52 +0000
To: Mike Jones <Michael.Jones@microsoft.com>, Vijay Bharadwaj <vijaybh@microsoft.com>
CC: "public-webauthn@w3.org" <public-webauthn@w3.org>

On 3/24/17, 8:10 AM, "Mike Jones" <Michael.Jones@microsoft.com<mailto:Michael.Jones@microsoft.com>> wrote:

The purpose of the prefixes was to provide uniqueness but the IANA registrations do that.  They just added space in a place where we want representations to be compact.

I could go either way on “appid” versus “fido_appid”, but saving space led me to strip the prefix.

agreed.  given that webauthn does not otherwise use the term "appid", and the text uses uses the phrase "FIDO appid" in key places, this seems ok to me also.

  If people feel strongly the other way, we can put it back.

                                                       -- Mike