Re: [webauthn] Make hashAlg a "recognized algorithm name".

From: Jeffrey Yasskin via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 19:28:14 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
@vijaybh @selfissued I don't have any problem with using shorter
strings for these algorithms, but we do need to be clear what set of
strings are valid.

I believe it was always incorrect to add SHA-256, etc. to the IANA JWS
 registry because S256, etc. had a different set of inputs than HS256,
 etc., and there was nothing in the registry to distinguish the two
kinds of names. If you still want to use shorter names, we'll need to
make a new registry.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jyasskin
Please view or discuss this issue at