Re: [webauthn] Fix #622: Clarify PublicKeyCredentialEntity name descriptions

From: Akshay Kumar via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 01:35:45 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
We are extrapolating what RP's can and will do. Empty/Bogus value don't provide any value. Same can be said about displayName and making this required just make it confusing.

Best is to stay consistent with CTAP spec. I don't see any reason departing from CTAP spec and I don't agree with making user.name as a required parameter.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by akshayku
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/666#issuecomment-354520413 using your GitHub account