Re: [webauthn] Fix #622: Clarify PublicKeyCredentialEntity name descriptions

From: Emil Lundberg via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 01:26:44 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
There's still no way in the current spec for the bank to actually enforce that, though, only to make it inconvenient by not setting the account name. I might very well be bikeshedding here, since the RP can always just set an empty or bogus value, but I feel more inclined to take the user's side in this. I've changed my mind back to thinking `user.name` should probably be left required, but I agree with making `rp.name` and `user.displayName` optional.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/666#issuecomment-354519996 using your GitHub account