Re: [webauthn] Contradiction in whether user handle is required

From: Ki-Eun Shin via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 16:38:17 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
U2F authenticator does not store any user identifier (user handle) for credentials. Even though we send a user handle in PublicKeyCredentialUserEntity during registration, the U2F authenticator ignores it when generating a public key credential. So, I think we don't have to drop "optional" for user handle.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by Kieun
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/720#issuecomment-351108472 using your GitHub account