Re: -webauthn-registries now in repo (was: wrt registries (was: Spec status)

From: Wendy Seltzer <wseltzer@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 17:04:05 -0400
To: "Hodges, Jeff" <jeff.hodges@paypal.com>, W3C WebAuthn WG <public-webauthn@w3.org>
Cc: Mark Nottingham <mnotting@akamai.com>
Hi Jeff,

On 09/02/2016 02:06 PM, Hodges, Jeff wrote:
> We have placed a updated draft-hodges-webauthn-registries* files in the webauthn repo (in source .xml, and rendered .txt and .html formats).  I updated it per mnot's feedback (ie to base it on the -5988bis draft rather than RFC5988), and to match the present state of the webauthn spec.
>
> The .txt can be directly reviewed here..
>
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/w3c/webauthn/master/draft-hodges-webauthn-registries-00b.txt
>
> This link will render the source file as HTML..
>
> https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/cgi-bin/xml2rfc.cgi?modeAsFormat=html/ascii&url=<https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/cgi-bin/xml2rfc.cgi?modeAsFormat=html/ascii&url=https://raw.githubusercontent.com/w3c/webauthn/master/draft-hodges-webauthn-registries.xml>https://raw.githubusercontent.com/w3c/webauthn/master/draft-hodges-webauthn-registries.xml<https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/cgi-bin/xml2rfc.cgi?modeAsFormat=html/ascii&url=https://raw.githubusercontent.com/w3c/webauthn/master/draft-hodges-webauthn-registries.xml>
>
> It would be good to get some review of this from y'all before I submit it in the IETF context as an individual submission.  :)

Looks reasonable to me.

An editorial question (applies to both attestation format and extension
identifier sections):
   Note that WebAuthn extensions can be registered by third parties, if
   the Expert(s) determine that an unregistered extension is widely
   deployed and not likely to be registered in a timely manner.

Do you mean to say "... not likely to be registered by its creator in a
timely manner." ?

--Wendy

> thanks,
>
> =JeffH

Policy Counsel and Domain Lead, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
https://wendy.seltzer.org/        +1.617.863.0613 (mobile)