Re: [webauthn] challenge in ClientData should be ArrayBuffer or BufferSource ?

From: Vijay Bharadwaj via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2016 06:34:58 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
No, this is left as DOMString on purpose.

ClientData is, as you note, an internal structure that needs to be
serialized and hashed. So we need to define what that serialization
looks like. We have two choices:

1. Define these types as DOMString, and say they will be produced by
encoding the appropriate quantity as base64.
2. Define these types as ArrayBuffer, in which case they will be
serialized in the array literal notation, i.e. something like "{
challenge: [31, 41, 59, 26, 53, 58, 97, 93, 238, ...], ... }"

The first seems more readable and is more compact, so I went with that
 when fixing #61.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by vijaybh
Please view or discuss this issue at