AW: Attestation formats

Hi Vijay,

the rawData is always generated by the authenticator.

In the initial attestation section, there was a single JSON
attestationStatement structure and different rawData formats (one for
packed, one for TPMs and one for SafetyNet).

The idea was to replace the SafetyNet one by Android "N" HW key attestation.

In that case we would have 3 different but similarly capable rawData
structures.

Note that at this time, the TPMs are *not* generating packed attestation nor
des Android "N" generate it (even though it supports HW attestation).

>From a security perspective, the attestation rawData structure needs to be
controlled and signed by the Authenticator (or its crypto kernel).

I don't think that "A method to take in a rawData in the above format and
produce a signature" makes much sense as it suggests to get an arbitrary
rawData object signed.

I would propose the following:

1.       Remove the SafetyNet thing at this offers substantially different
security guarantees than all others and replace it by Android "N"
attestation.

2.       Define a single attestationStatmeent (JSON) structure.

3.       Keep the different attestation rawData formats (i.e. Android "N",
TPM and "packed".

4.       Potentially add more rawData formats (by the registry approach) if
this cannot be avoided in order to supports other plaforms.

Kind regards,

    Rolf