Re: API consumer question: How do we recover Credential?

Rolling it into #60 makes sense to me.

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 11:18 PM, Vijay Bharadwaj <vijaybh@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> So couldn’t an RP tell this from the attestations? It would know which of
> its credentials will or will not work without the optional argument, and
> could do the UI accordingly.

There's nothing to my knowledge in the attestation certificate to identify
how an authenticator functions; it would be up to the RP to define
something using out-of-band knowledge, wouldn't it?

Or you could define a heuristic that says, if a Credential's *id* field is
very long, then it's probably an authenticator which doesn't remember keys.

That's all that occurs to me, anyway!

J.C.