Re: Is the getAssertion whitelist necessary?

On 7/15/16, 5:52 PM, "J.C. Jones" <jc@mozilla.com> wrote:

>So my question is: why does getAssertion() need a whitelist? Could we add
>the
>getAssertion() method to the Credential, and make it an object?

this actually was an earlier design predating the submitted specs
<https://www.w3.org/Submission/2015/02/>

IIRC, moving to the whitelist approach with getAssertion() more naturally
accommodated use cases involving external/roaming/portable authenticators
(authnrs). perhaps we need to elucidate the design rationale...

HTH,

=JeffH