Fwd: [webauthn] Adds authenticator attachement to credential options

[Resending, since the first didn't seem to take. Apologies if this is a
dupe!]

So it looks like Jeff's comments he's referring to in the original posting
weren't actually posted at the time this PR merged, as he points out here:
https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/243#pullrequestreview-11243597

I've gone through those additions and they are as his message says,
clarifications about the terms "platform authenticator" and "cross-platform
authenticator." I share his concern, and think that while
platform/cross-platform are useful distinctions, that they should be
clarifications for better terms. Jeff suggests "platform authenticators"
and "roaming authenticators" to fill that role. I'm fine with those, but
I'm flexible. I just think "cross-platform" in particular implies certain
properties to software engineers that aren't quite true.

I've put some comments in replies to his replies onto the merged #243. I
think we need another PR (and maybe issue) to track these as follow-ons.

Thanks,
J.C.

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 8:21 PM, Vijay Bharadwaj via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org