Re: WebAssembly meeting on performance; TPAC

Hello WebAssembly folks,

I've now posted the notes from last week's WebAssembly meeting:

https://github.com/WebAssembly/meetings/blob/master/2017/CG-05.md

The meeting lasted 2 days. We had 37 attendees, 12 institutions
represented, and took 61 polls.

I'd like to thank the champions—Dan, Ben and Jakob—for putting in so much
effort in driving non-trapping float→int, threads, and SIMD forward. I'm
also very thankful to our scribes—Aseem and Brad—who made these notes
possible.

I hope this was productive for all present and helped drive consensus
forward on these post-MVP features.

What's next? We'll likely revisit these topics at the next meeting. I've
started improving how we track issues in the design repository
<https://github.com/WebAssembly/design/blob/master/FutureFeatures.md#tracking-issues>.
It's still a work in progress, I hope this new approach will make it easier
to follow what's going on.

Our next meeting is tentatively in July, hosted by Google Kirkland WA
<https://github.com/WebAssembly/meetings/pull/13>. We'll also have a room at
TPAC <https://github.com/WebAssembly/meetings/blob/master/2017/TPAC.md>,
where we we hope web people will come together to discuss WebAssembly and
see how it can interact with other parts of the web.

We'll of course keep discussion all these topics on GitHub between meetings.

Thanks,

JF
WebAssembly CG chair