Re: [public-webappsec] <none>

Thanks for the background Dan,

The "*for the nonce*", where it's a word (not abbreviation), is a much
better explanation for how it exists.

Or in other variants - "for the once", "for one occasion", "for now", "for
the moment".

And I believe you're right about the slang version being from the 1970's,
it's just unfortunate that the non-techies I know are more familiar with
that version (like you, I wasn't aware of it either). It was then made
worse because none of us could see how abbreviating "number used once"
really worked as an explanation.

Craig