Re: wasm-unsafe-eval script-src directive

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 11:19 AM Charles Vaughn <cvaughn@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a dev at Tableau, and Mike West pointed me here after a PR I made to
> enable this for Chrome. For background, this is the proposal here:
> https://github.com/WebAssembly/content-security-policy/blob/master/proposals/CSP.md#proposed-wasm-unsafe-eval-directive

Thanks for the work that went into this plan.

wasm-unsafe-eval, or maybe even just 'wasm-eval' seems reasonable.

The hash bit needs work -- on our side more than in your proposal. We don't
want to calculate the hash over streaming resources, and currently don't
support SRI for fetch. For content that isn't in-line CSP requires the
script tag to contain an "integrity" attribute, and then we simply match
the CSP hash against integrity attributes. Enforcement is left up to SRI
itself. fetch() is an obvious gap and we've batted around ideas like adding
an optional object param that could have an integrity property to match
against, but so far nothing concrete. Extending hash to WASM is probably a
good idea but it would have to build on something like that.

For source whitelisting the fetch itself would need to have the same
sources whitelisted in connect-src. Do we need to double down and list them
as a wasm source as well?

Good food for thought, thanks!

-Dan Veditz