Re: Cookie controls?

Two considerations I see:

1. Adding domains to the public suffix list is operationally scary as
there's no way to introduce a domain slowly and/or roll things back if
something goes wrong.  For domains with many thousands of heterogeneous
production use-cases, adding an existing domain is likely to be
unacceptably risky in some circumstances.
2. The PSL doesn't scale all that well, is an oddly centralized thing, and
feels like a hack.  This is less pragmatic, but it would be better if we
had mechanisms to allow getting to safer defaults for cookies without
relying on the PSL.

Best, Erik