Re: Proposal to advertise automation of UA

They should reply differently exactly in the same way they respond now. For
example, to recommend the use of an API for scraping rather that loading
heavy resources for every page, or immediately send through failed CAPTCHA
route, or not to show ads to a headless browser.

The only difference would be that they would stop inferring many indirect
signals of automation if there is a flag for that already set by the UA.
Sure, if UA automation tools would have a built in way to honor robots.txt,
that might solve some of the problems, but they don't.

All I am asking is to standardize that mechanism.

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 11:18 PM, Jonathan Garbee <jonathan.garbee@gmail.com